Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet insurance - best option

Options
  • 10-07-2017 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭

We got our pup a few weeks ago, he's 11 weeks old now. We would like to get pet insurance. We were wondering who is the best to go with and what option to get? We are a bit lost.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

I have my retriever insured with Blue Insurance. I had 3 claims last year all related to cruciate ligament surgery, all paid out with no problems.

Whoever you choose I think you are making the right decision to insure him.

https://www.blueinsurance.ie/pet-insurance.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Shaunoc

I am with Allianz. No problem with a couple of claims.
    The premium for my 2nd dog (purebred retriever) is way higher than I anticipated though.
    You won't regret insuring your dog as bills add up quickly and its great peace of mind. They do some silly things over the years :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,024 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Allianz all the way for me - any vets I've had to use them with had direct claim so for big stuff I only had to pay the excess and sign the form.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Allianz here too.. Been with them 12 years now and find them excellent.. claimed a good few times no issues payment really quick.

They have a pretty good cover too.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

i'm with the one that can't be mentioned - been with them 7 years (i think) and no problems really - paid out on the 2 claims i put in for without any hassle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭jomalone14

+1 on the insurers that can't be mentioned :roll eyes:

My 3 woofs are insured with them....direct payment to vet without any issues, I just pay the excess of 90 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 10 amm2

Hopefully I won't break any rules: just wondering if feedback is positive (and it is) - why insurer can't be named?
    Insurer would be happy with that (?) Sorry if I missed something before...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,024 ✭✭✭✭tk123

amm2 wrote: »
    Hopefully I won't break any rules: just wondering if feedback is positive (and it is) - why insurer can't be named?

The posters above and some others here would be the few exceptions I've heard about that company - both from their customers and vets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

tk123 wrote: »
    The posters above and some others here would be the few exceptions I've heard about that company - both from their customers and vets.

This. We are not with Allianz & I wish we were. I would prefer if an insurance company did not dictate when I had to have my dogs vaccinated. Don't even be 1 day late or they won't pay out.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

amm2 wrote: »

The insurance company that cannot be named made a demand at boards HQ that they must not be mentioned or discussed in the forum, following a couple of threads where there were negative (and some positive) reviews.
    Make of that what you will.
    Anyway... As per their request, we'd better stop discussing them:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement