Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MyHeritage payment?

Options
  • 10-07-2017 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Mods - if this post is troublesome for legal reasons, please delete.

There's a few threads comparing family tree aspects of MyHeritage, but I have a question on the financial side.
    I uploaded my GedCom file for free, and was interested when the website sent me info on matches with other people's trees. I don't object that they want payment to get the extra features of seeing other trees.
    However, when I went to make payment for their Premium service I notice that they quoted a monthly fee, but the check-out was the yearly amount, over 100 euro.
    This is unlike Ancestry, and also the paid features of GedMatch, which are rolling monthly.
    So I figured, well, I'd just have to remember to cancel my full payment before one month, and get 11 months refunded. But I did a bit of googling and I see some alarming complaints of people who were continued to be charged etc, and found it difficult to get satisfaction from the company.
    However, these are understandably very angry customers, and may be a small unlucky minority.
    May I ask here if someone has experience of using the premium features for a short while, and then cancelling?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

No problem with this question - it's a valid concern before handing over money. What do their T&Cs say about cancellation?

I also have a free account with them but don't really rate their algorithms so haven't paid for premium.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭BottleOfSmoke

pinkypinky wrote: »
    No problem with this question - it's a valid concern before handing over money. What do their T&Cs say about cancellation?

I also have a free account with them but don't really rate their algorithms so haven't paid for premium.

I can't see anything about cancellation. All I see in their FAQ is this particular Question and Answer. Doesn't inspire confidence.

Is it possible to pay for the upgrade in monthly payments?

You are welcome to write us an email to sales@myheritage.com, and one of our friendly representatives will contact you to assist you personally.

Advertisement