Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cracked samsung camera lens

Options
  • 10-07-2017 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭

Took my s6 edge out of the pocket to find the camera lens cracked! Anyone know if any where in Cork can fix it? Heading away this weekend so need the camera working!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,306 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Took my s6 edge out of the pocket to find the camera lens cracked! Anyone know if any where in Cork can fix it? Heading away this weekend so need the camera working!

I'm not quite sure about the s6 but on some phone cameras (if not all ) there is an outer protective piece of glass that is in place in front of the lens. That part plays no part in the actual functioning of the camera. It serves as a protective layer. So if you are handy then you could remove all the remaining cracked bits of glass being careful not to damage the underneath lens and you done. Your camera would work just as it should just that the lens would then be susceptible to dust but it would still work. Even if dust does get in the lens you could still wipe it off somehow.

Advertisement