Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorbike test Waterford

Options
  • 10-07-2017 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi all, to anyone who has done their test in Waterford recently can I ask is the u turn done in the compound or out on the road and what checks on the bike were you asked. TIA..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭smokeyjoe123

Gingergals wrote: »
    Hi all, to anyone who has done their test in Waterford recently can I ask is the u turn done in the compound or out on the road and what checks on the bike were you asked. TIA..

Done in the compound in a big fenced off area along with the slow ride, walking the bike etc. Can't remember off hand what checks I was asked but if you remember the acronym POWDER - Petrol, Oil, Water, Damage, Electrics and Rubber, you'll be grand.

Good luck with the test!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 buttonsjunior

Hi Guys, I had a different understanding of hand signals and from checking up on rules of the road there is only hand signal for cars and cycle bikes and my understanding is different to the cycle bike or has it changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Gingergals

I believed hand signals were only for cars not motorbikes am I wrong in this ??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I never got asked hand signals anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,508 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

When I did my test I had to hand signal everything! as if there were no brake lights or indicators on the bike

Think that changed about a dozen years ago. But yes hand signals for motorbikes do exist and you can be asked them as part of the ROTR questions (not the practical test.)

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Advertisement
Advertisement