Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P45 new job question

Options
  • 10-07-2017 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭

I'm starting a new job this week, my last stint of employment ended in 2016, i received a P45 when that job ended.

Do i give this P45 to the new employer? i have seen some info online that said a P45 is only valid for the current year but do not know if this is correct.

I have already registered the company's tax number through the revenue web site and been told they will issue a tax certificate, is this all i need to do?
    Tagged:

Comments

Casshern88 wrote: »

I have already registered the company's tax number through the revenue web site and been told they will issue a tax certificate, is this all i need to do?

If they mean they are going to send the Tax Credit Certificate (P2C)
    (employer copy of your employee's Tax Credit Certificate) to your new employer than that is all that needs to be done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

No need for p45 in this instance

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

akelly02 wrote: »
    No need for p45 in this instance

There is no need for a p45 in any instance of starting a new job.

Advertisement