Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back/Neck Pain Resulting from Whiplash - Long Term

Options
  • 10-07-2017 4:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place for this.
    So I was in a rear end collision 4 months back. Had an MRI on my neck which showed bulging disk in my neck and would have pain that radiates down into my hands. Waiting for an another MRI on my mid and lower back as I've a great deal of pain which at times radiates down my the back of my legs.

My question is for those of you who have experienced anything similar, what kind of issues have you experience in the long term i.e reoccurrence of pain etc.

I'm 26 and I'm currently at college studying and the career I would be looking at would be pretty physically active. I’m contemplating if continuing this course and pursuing this career choice is going to be the best choice for me. If there is possibility that the back and neck trouble could reoccur at different stages over the next number of years.

I would still be on prescription painkillers currently, which I do my best to only take when absolutely necessary

Advertisement