Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help finding a ring to fight in ..

Options
  • 10-07-2017 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Dear boards users,

I've googled this but couldn't find any information so was hoping you guys could help a lad out. Myself and a mate were looking to have a fight 12 rounds 3 minutes etc as per normal. We have a ref but need a ring to fight in. Is there anywhere we could rent out for the evening? A lot of gyms won't allow it unless you are a member there etc. Would anyone know anywhere?

Thanks for the help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭ThunderCat

bigandtall wrote: »
    Dear boards users,

I've googled this but couldn't find any information so was hoping you guys could help a lad out. Myself and a mate were looking to have a fight 12 rounds 3 minutes etc as per normal. We have a ref but need a ring to fight in. Is there anywhere we could rent out for the evening? A lot of gyms won't allow it unless you are a member there etc. Would anyone know anywhere?

Thanks for the help!

You should go for 15 rounds like the good old days. A lot of drama to be had in those Championship rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,837 ✭✭✭✭walshb

For ring hire and set up, former Irish Olympian, Cathal O'Grady is your only man!

PM me if you need contact!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

Fight to the death is the only way to go.
    Just do like our nomadic friends and fight down a laneway, rings are for wimps.

Since you are not a member of a club and possibly have not boxed before there is very little chance of either of you having the fitness to do 12 x 3 minute rounds.

I did a white collar boxing event while fit enough from other sports and 3 x 2 minute rounds was up there with the most physically demanding things I ever did.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

walshb wrote: »
    For ring hire and set up, former Irish Olympian, Cathal O'Grady is your only man!

PM me if you need contact!

I doubt Cathal would arrive and set up at someone's gaff for 12 rounds.
    Granted his events a brilliantly done, but unless these 3 friends are going to spend money, Cathal isn't their man.
    I'd say they are looking for some gym to rent for an hour

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭Danye

bigandtall wrote: »
    Dear boards users,

Thanks for the help!

Where are you based? I know a non boxing gym with a ring that operates a PAYG terms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,989 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Do you have any training or experience? If not you'll be doing well to last 2 rounds. Conditioning needed is crazy to go that distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭ezra_

rob316 wrote: »
    Do you have any training or experience? If not you'll be doing well to last 2 rounds. Conditioning needed is crazy to go that distance.

Surely two equally unfit blokes can go for longer spells then a fit bloke taking on someone who isn't fit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭ThunderCat

ezra_ wrote: »
    Surely two equally unfit blokes can go for longer spells then a fit bloke taking on someone who isn't fit.

Yea but they'd slip on all the vomit in the ring after a couple of rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,989 ✭✭✭✭rob316

ezra_ wrote: »

Depends on the pace they are going they could gas pretty quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

rob316 wrote: »
    Depends on the pace they are going they could gas pretty quickly.

My prediction, these two friends will go in hell for leather and both will call it quits on the stool after round 1 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,837 ✭✭✭✭walshb

One post from the user and nothing...

Maybe close/delete thread?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement