Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oculus Rift + Oculus Touch £399.99 Amazon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Might work out slightly cheaper getting it directly from them. It's £410 after Paddy tax and its €450 on their site.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I am confused, why is this 300 pounds cheaper than buying the Rift on it's own?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

errlloyd wrote: »
    I am confused, why is this 300 pounds cheaper than buying the Rift on it's own?

I am not sure where you are seeing the price of the Rift at + £300.

It is currently more expensive on its own because this is sale offer that probably won't last that long. It is the lowest price the Rift has ever been by quite some distance. It actually seems a pretty crazy price drop to happen all of a sudden.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Akula

399 dollars in the US if you know anybody flying home soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Man this is tempting. €450 with 7 games, touch controllers and an xbox one controller? That's a great deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭fdevine

Price reduction runs for six weeks from today in an effort to boost sales

http://news.sky.com/story/oculus-rift-price-slashed-again-amid-concerns-over-sales-10943409

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Man this is tempting. €450 with 7 games, touch controllers and an xbox one controller? That's a great deal.

edit : correct on the games, I see the mention of them now.

I think price drop may be necessary to combat the success of the Vive - and also consider that two very big upcoming releases, Doom VR and Fallout 4 VR, are not Oculus compatible...

It doesn't include games, apart from Lucky's Tale I think comes with it.

I think price drop may be necessary to combat the success of the Vive - and also consider that two very big upcoming releases, Doom VR and Fallout 4 VR, are not Oculus compatible...

I am sort of hoping HTC respond. I only have a 6GB 1060 though. Is it even worth it? Gcard is newish so I am not getting another one soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭kenyard

i reckon the next gen headsets are around the corner also..
    theyre probably selling these as a load of second hand ones will go on market when they release the new gen.
    I had seen this earlier they are knocking 100 quid off their usual price. makes sense its reflected by Amazon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Mainstream next gen isn't quite around the corner yet because the next step up would require immensely powerful PCs that 99.9% of people wouldn't have. Even the current crop is a niche market due to the high hardware requirements. There is already a superior competitor to the Rift/Vive in terms of screen clarity, forget the name, but the resolution is much higher albeit support is nowhere near as good and it has more issues associated with it.

• Advertisement

kenyard wrote: »
    i reckon the next gen headsets are around the corner also..
    theyre probably selling these as a load of second hand ones will go on market when they release the new gen.
    I had seen this earlier they are knocking 100 quid off their usual price. makes sense its reflected by Amazon

It'll be late 2018 at the earliest before new Vive/Oculus headsets make it out I'd say. There is some coming out from LG and other at the end of this year but I doubt they'll be a significant jump over these.

Amazon.com are giving a $100 gift card with this purchase too, I wish the euro amazon outlets would do the same.

Amazon.com are giving a $100 gift card with this purchase too, I wish the euro amazon outlets would do the same.

Where are you seeing this?

I've got a mate living in Phili, can I just set up an amazon.com with his name and address and get it shipped to him? Do I have to pay Pen sales taxes on it?

That deal with the voucher seems to be sold out now unfortunately. You could pick it with which 'edition' you wanted this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭rdavey14

A pound cheeper in UK pc world. In Ireland pc world its €780. ~€300 difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Is this the same deal?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Oculus-Rift-and-Touch-Bundle/dp/B073X8N1YW/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1503573283&sr=1-1&keywords=oculus

Still seems to be available...

EDIT: Ah sorry it's one game less, and no xbox controller

Advertisement