Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jet Direct 620N card driver

Options
  • 09-07-2017 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

I need to install a Jet Direct card in my HP 4050n printer but cant find a driver for it.

Ive looked in HP site but cant find one for Win 10

Any ideas please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Jaguar240 wrote: »
    Ive looked in HP site but cant find one for Win 10

You thought you would? Its 2000 or earlier hardware.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

I'd be surprised if a driver was necessary.

Using the printer's control panel, a test/configuration page or the printer menu, can you identify whether the printer now has an IP address?

In Windows 10, in Control Panel, Printers and Scanners, after a few seconds delay as it searches, the option link "The Printer I want isn't listed" will appear. Click it, and you'll get the option to "Add Printer".

Choose "Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname", hit Next.
    Provide the IP address or hostname that you got from the printer control pane or test page.

Windows 10 should identify from there that it is talking to a HP 4050, and configure the driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Jaguar240

Thanks Ressem

I'll try that

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Jaguar240

Hi Ressem

That worked the finest

Thanks for your help. Ive one more problem with another printer a HP Colour Laser Jet 2600n, the driver doesn't seem to be on HP site and the driver that's on Win 10 list wont work so I must try again.

Thanks Again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭Xterminator

use the hp universal driver for windows 10.
    i checked the compatibility list and the laserjet 2500, 2550 and 2605 models are all support, so id expect it will work okay.

• Advertisement
Advertisement