Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung j3 storage

Options
  • 09-07-2017 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

Hi, I just recently got this phone and an sd card. I'm trying to move apps to the sd card and theye are saying unable to move. I can hardly use anything goes on the phone, storage is full and everything has stopped running...any clues?

Comments

MazzR wrote: »
    Hi, I just recently got this phone and an sd card. I'm trying to move apps to the sd card and theye are saying unable to move. I can hardly use anything goes on the phone, storage is full and everything has stopped running...any clues?

I'd say you'd be very limited with the number of apps that you can move to the SD card. Make sure your photos and other media are being stored to the SD card.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭MazzR

Basil3 wrote: »
    I'd say you'd be very limited with the number of apps that you can move to the SD card. Make sure your photos and other media are being stored to the SD card.

Thank you very much. How do I save my photos to it?

MazzR wrote: »
    Thank you very much. How do I save my photos to it?

I'm not entirely sure on Samsungs. On my HTC, it's in the camera settings > storage > choose internal or SD card.

Another option is for you to format your external SD card as internal storage. What this means is that your SD card and internal storage will all be treated as one. The benefit is added storage for apps, but on the flipside you might be limited by the speed of your SD card if it's not a decent one, and you can't be switching out your SD card all the time, it has to be treated as part of your phone.

For this, you'll need to do something like:

1. Go to device “Settings”, then select “Storage”.
    2. Select your "SD Card", then tap the “three-dot menu“ (top-right), now select “Settings” from in there.
    3. Now select “Format as internal”, and then “Erase & Format”.
    4. Your SD Card will now be formatted as internal storage.
    5. Reboot your phone.

This process will wipe your SD card though, I believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

I don't think Samsungs allow that natively

Advertisement