Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fixing android boxes

Options
  • 09-07-2017 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭

Hi, I thought id make a good buck this summer and spend my time fixing android boxes, updating kodi, installing addons people would like to add and update existing ones, and any other problems they might have with their boxes.
    Dont call me scammer and robbing people off their money because I am doing for maximum low price of 10E for whatever service they need, I done this last sumer with great success and it took me 4/5 hours for each customer.
    But the main objective was to pass time.
    Now with the restrictions on kodi and people going to jail, will this be illegal, like I wont be giving them any free channels or those iptv that people are offering and getting away with it.
    I will only add those addons that the customer want and even inform him, if he does want lets say exodus, that it is illegal.

I was thinking of advertising it on facebook, what do you guys think, will I run in any trouble. How can I avoid any problems occurring?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

You'll run into trouble here for that post alone im afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

Erik Shin wrote: »
    You'll run into trouble here for that post alone im afraid

But I read online installing and adding kodi is not legal but the streaming aspect is ?
    And it wont be just kodi, it be all other android box related issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

For the cost of fixing them id say most people will end up buying a new one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

If you stay away from addons then its not a problem. Fixing boxes and installing kodi is fine.

If they need something (which cant be discussed here), you can tell them how to do instead of doing it yourself.

As long as its not your main main business and doing it more as a hobby, you should be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

But I read online installing and adding kodi is not legal but the streaming aspect is ?
    And it wont be just kodi, it be all other android box related issues.

Kodi runs fine...there are no issues with Kodi (a media player )... everything else that the ordinary Joe in the street beings an android box to you for...has nothing to do with Kodi ...

• Advertisement

coldfire1x wrote: »
    If you stay away from addons then its not a problem. Fixing boxes and installing kodi is fine.

If they need something (which cant be discussed here), you can tell them how to do instead of doing it yourself.

As long as its not your main main business and doing it more as a hobby, you should be fine.

Thank you very much, yeah its not my main business, I am just finished my lc, and I have an interest in tech, so I thought id pass my time doing this.

Erik Shin wrote: »
    Kodi runs fine...there are no issues with Kodi (a media player )... everything else that the ordinary Joe in the street beings an android box to you for...has nothing to do with Kodi ...

Sorry I said it wrong meant to say kodi is legal but the streaming is not legal

Advertisement