Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ford 6610 restoration

Options
  • 08-07-2017 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

hi all i am going restoring a ford 6610 4wd 1982 q cab,any advice or tips from anyone would greatly help as this is my first project.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,490 ✭✭✭maidhc

otter86 wrote: »
    hi all i am going restoring a ford 6610 4wd 1982 q cab,any advice or tips from anyone would greatly help as this is my first project.

Put up a few pictures of it. After restoring a 4600 with a q can last years can tell you the cab will take a lot of time and money, but having it nice is hugely rewarding.

If there is any rust cut it out and weld in panels. If the cab is bad, then try and get a solid replacement as you will save an ocean of time and the result will be better.

Parts are plentiful, but some of the cab bits can be dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭discodaveirl

Lad at one over on forum4farming afair

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

maidhc wrote: »
    Put up a few pictures of it. After restoring a 4600 with a q can last years can tell you the cab will take a lot of time and money, but having it nice is hugely rewarding.

If there is any rust cut it out and weld in panels. If the cab is bad, then try and get a solid replacement as you will save an ocean of time and the result will be better.

Parts are plentiful, but some of the cab bits can be dear.

Otter86 welcome to boards, you need 25 posts before you can put up photos. What's the tractor like mechanically? I'm guessing rubix cube gear change?

I found these lads good, http://www.railswoodtractors.co.uk/ also a few others on ebay. Register with parcelmotel it's a handy way of getting parts from UK.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

Advertisement