Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

URGENT Deleted photos and videos in error

Options
  • 08-07-2017 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭

Hi all

Have an urgent request. Stupidly I was messing around with files section of my Android phone and deleted a lot of important family photos and videos. I believe these are backed up to my Gmail account however I have no idea how to recover back on to my phone. Can anyone help please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,764 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Faze11 wrote: »
    Hi all

Have an urgent request. Stupidly I was messing around with files section of my Android phone and deleted a lot of important family photos and videos. I believe these are backed up to my Gmail account however I have no idea how to recover back on to my phone. Can anyone help please.

Open the photos app on your phone. Hopefully they are still there, they may be in the Menu under trash.

Hi all

If they're on google photos, just view them using the Google photos app.

If you really want the physical copies on your phone, you'd probably have to download everything to your pc from Google photos website, then copy across to your phone. There might be an easier option, I'm not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Faze11

Looks like they weren't back up to Google photos. I have a Huawei p10 and deleted directly from files app. Is there any way to recover these. Devastated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Download an app called disk digger. You should get most if not all of the photos back.

It does not work for videos. (Unless phone is rooted)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭long_b

Looks like they weren't back up to Google photos. I have a Huawei p10 and deleted directly from files app. Is there any way to recover these. Devastated.

Are you using a memory (micro SD card) in the phone?

• Advertisement

Will give disk digger a try. If phone has not been rooted can I root now to recover video? Not using memory card.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

If they saved to Gmail, log on to your Gmail and look in "Drive"

They've all gone from Drive I'm afraid :-(

Think I'm just gonna have to live with this mistake.

Diskdigger didn't give me anything back.

Thanks for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Sorry to hear they are gone.
    You could try a phone shop in town.

Take the time now to set up backups so it won't happen again.

biko wrote: »
    Sorry to hear they are gone.
    You could try a phone shop in town.

Take the time now to set up backups so it won't happen again.

Good advice. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I did the exact same thing a couple of years ago. All the fortnight's holiday photos gone on the last night!!
    Google photos are now installed and everything is backed up automatically now!!

Advertisement