Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S7 micro SD card

Options
  • 08-07-2017 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭

Just got a new S7 and want to put a Sd card in to it. Looking on line and I see some apps don't work on the SD card. All I want to do is store and play my movies, music and photos on a micro SD card. Is this possible?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Yes it is. And from the S7 on Samsung allow you to move 'some' apps to the SD card, depending on developer support.

This is one of the better cards out there. 128GB, and it's the latest revision with 100Mb/s read and 90Mb/s write so will even be perfect for recording 4K movies. It's also dispatched and sold by Amazon so almost no chance of getting a knock off.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Memory-Plus-Micro-Adapter/dp/B06XFHQGB9/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1499524995&sr=8-4&keywords=samsung+evo+plus

You can get cheaper 128GB cards but the tradeoff is the write speed goes way down to as little as 12Mb/s. Which is fine if you are not recording 4K video or running any apps which require a lot of data caching. e.g. BBC news app, Feedly etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Hedgecutter

Flaccus wrote: »
    Yes it is. And from the S7 on Samsung allow you to move 'some' apps to the SD card, depending on developer support.

This is one of the better cards out there. 128GB, and it's the latest revision with 100Mb/s read and 90Mb/s write so will even be perfect for recording 4K movies. It's also dispatched and sold by Amazon so almost no chance of getting a knock off.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Memory-Plus-Micro-Adapter/dp/B06XFHQGB9/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1499524995&sr=8-4&keywords=samsung+evo+plus

You can get cheaper 128GB cards but the tradeoff is the write speed goes way down to as little as 12Mb/s. Which is fine if you are not recording 4K video or running any apps which require a lot of data caching. e.g. BBC news app, Feedly etc..

Perfect. Thanks for the info great help. I'll be getting one straight away.

Advertisement