Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City Centre Area Tap Water

Options
  • 08-07-2017 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I live on Sullivan's Quay and recently noticed that my tap water tastes like sand. Has anyone else noticed that or has this problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I don't know about the water in the city centre but the water in Douglas has had a weird taste for the last 2 or so weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ShMLK

It's been like this for 2 weeks here as well.Weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Not just the taste, there's even an 'earthy' smell off mine. Haven't noticed any problems when drinking it in coffee, but it tastes fairly awful otherwise.

I can't taste it in coffee or tea either, perhaps because the water is alright when we boil it. Now that I think of it, it started after the nighttime shutdown of City Centre's water supply on June 23rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Assassin saphir

I thought it was just me. Water in Douglas for last 3 weeks tastes earthy. I usually drink loads of tap water but really struggling with it lately. I can still taste it in coffee. Tea not so much.

• Advertisement

I guess I'm gonna stop drinking tap water for a while.

Advertisement