Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone using lightnet broadband?

Options
  • 07-07-2017 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73,401 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody here using lightnet?
    A relative only has a 1mb line with eir. Imagine LTE isnt available.
    Signs locally saying 70mb available. Now i know you won't get speeds like that in all probability but can anyone out there tell me if the service is any good. Looking at taking the VOIP phone option too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

Have it in north east clare . pretty good was a big upgrade from 3

Speed around 30mb but after heavy usage its cuts right down

• Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭squonk

Have 5MB OTA here in north Clare. I wasn’t in a good location for their speed bumps recently so still on 5 but it’s reliable and generally good. Very little to complain about with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,401 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

They ended up getting it in anyway, 37mb down and 9 up, dipping down to 25 at peak times. Happy days.

Thanks for the feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭irishchris

colm_mcm wrote: »
    They ended up getting it in anyway, 37mb down and 9 up, dipping down to 25 at peak times. Happy days.

Thanks for the feedback.

just wondering how the peak time pings are on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

anyone notice a reduction in speed over the last few months ? my speeds have about halved with lightnet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭funnyname

toonarmy1 wrote: »
    anyone notice a reduction in speed over the last few months ? my speeds have about halved with lightnet

Nope, can't say I have.

http://openspeedtest.com/results/34973963

Advertisement