Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Electrics going in car

Options
  • 07-07-2017 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hi all, I would appreciate some advice please!

I drive a 2003 Skoda Fabia. Last year the regulator in the passenger window went and I replaced it. The other day, the window started acting up again. I brought it to get it checked out and the garage told me that it's a general electrics problem, not the window itself. Recently I've been noticing that the boot sometimes won't recognise that there is pressure on the handle to open it too.

Question 1: Is this going to be a really serious problem? Could the car lock me out at some stage? Or in?

Question 2: The garage told me I can have it further looked at by an auto electicians but they didn't know any in my area. I'm living in Crumlin. Anyone know an auto electricans nearby that I could maybe get it checked out in?

I don't want to change my car if I can help it at all, but might it be a mistake to not change it at this point or is there hope I can still salvage my little car?

Advertisement