Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Coffee Machine

Options
  • 07-07-2017 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭

Hi all. Bought a Tassimo coffee machine on Monday. The coffee from it is terrible and I want to return it. Box has been opened and seal broken but otherwise it's in perfect nick. I know they don't have to take it back, but has anyone any experience where Argos have done so?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Argos would have no legal obligation to accept a return.

It's worth asking as Argos are usually pretty generous with their returns policy but don't be too surprised if they say no now that the item is used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

So its the tassimo pods that you have a problem with rather than the machine?

Tassimo are a slight step up from instant coffee and they sell on convenience rather than anything else. I was offered a feee machine in a promotion - I took it and passed it to someone else that afternoon.

Maybe donate it to an office or some group that don't have a taste for decent coffee. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Tassimo do a lot of different pods, I'm a huge coffee lover and have a tassimo machine for emergencies.

I wouldn't use the rubbish Costa pods you'd get in Dunnes or Tesco's but the ones direct from tassimo themselves are delicious.

(yes there's such thing as a coffee emergency :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

tassimo coffee is a week style over substance coffee in my experience. I own 1 and have tried pretty much any coffee pod available on amazon, couldn't find any that comes close to even the likes of instant lavazza, the machine is now in my office collecting dust. If you want a pod machine then id recommend nespresso, its the lesser of 2 evils and you can really taste the difference in strengths. both are no comparison to a bean to cup machine though

edit: answering your question, I really doubt you would get an exchange as the machine is perfect, its the by product you don't like. bit like buying a frying pan and the omelettes don't turn out nice

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭KathleenF

I know I'm chancing my arm really. Will drop in and ask. Thanks for all feedback.

• Advertisement
Advertisement