Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rag'n'Bone Man - Olympia Theatre, November 15th

Options
  • 07-07-2017 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭

Didn't see anything on this, which was surprising (apologies if I'm wrong on that front)

Rag'n'Bone Man is coming to the Olympia Theatre on November 15th. Tickets now available, priced from €28.90.

Blurb from MCD:
    Without doubt 2017 has been the year of Rag’n’Bone Man. His debut album ‘Human’ has been a huge hit worldwide and has sold an astonishing 650,000 copies in the UK in under 5 months! It contains the global hits ‘Human’, which has gone to Number 1 on Itunes in over 40 countries selling nearly 4 million copies in the process, and ‘Skin’, which has sold over 1.2 million globally and peaked at No.2 in the UK Airplay Chart.

🤪

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Didn't see anything on this, which was surprising (apologies if I'm wrong on that front)

Rag'n'Bone Man is coming to the Olympia Theatre on November 15th. Tickets now available, priced from €28.90.

Blurb from MCD:
    Without doubt 2017 has been the year of Rag’n’Bone Man. His debut album ‘Human’ has been a huge hit worldwide and has sold an astonishing 650,000 copies in the UK in under 5 months! It contains the global hits ‘Human’, which has gone to Number 1 on Itunes in over 40 countries selling nearly 4 million copies in the process, and ‘Skin’, which has sold over 1.2 million globally and peaked at No.2 in the UK Airplay Chart.

Sold out signs up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭Peter File

102 tickets on a tout site for this. That is nearly 10% of the venue's capacity being bought up by touts. Very disappointing to see this taking place on an industrial scale

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭tea_and_cake

Peter File wrote: »
    102 tickets on a tout site for this. That is nearly 10% of the venue's capacity being bought up by touts. Very disappointing to see this taking place on an industrial scale

That's frustrating and so disappointing! It was similar with London Grammar.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Closer to 5%, standing capacity in Olympia is 1620.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Dublin desperately needs a new midsize music venue to cater for ascending chart/indie acts.

The Olympia was never designed for these kinds of gigs. Apart from being impossible to see/hear a thing, it's too old, rickety and unsafe to be carrying large numbers of people tightly packed in, milling around and dancing, particularly the upper tiers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

I was at Placebo in the Olympia years ago and they had to leave the stage as plaster was falling from the ceiling as they played.
    Having said that, I'm gutted Rag'n'bone man was scheduled the same night as Depeche Mode. Fingers crossed for a 2nd date.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Dublin desperately needs a new midsize music venue to cater for ascending chart/indie acts.

The Olympia was never designed for these kinds of gigs. Apart from being impossible to see/hear a thing, it's too old, rickety and unsafe to be carrying large numbers of people tightly packed in, milling around and dancing, particularly the upper tiers.

Why doesnt the Bord Gais theatre get more events ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Zardoz wrote: »
    Why doesnt the Bord Gais theatre get more events ?

AFAIK the stalls seating is fixed in position. The owners also seem to have pitched the venue at an older more traditional crowd with the musicals, opera etc.

The Helix had Sufjan Stevens and Modest Mouse last year, and we have Liam Gallagher in an aircraft hangar at Halloween.

Somewhere new, a bit eclectic and rough and tumble is needed. Sort of like a resurrection of the old Theatre Royal from the 40s/50s but for today's sounds and audiences.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

AFAIK the stalls seating is fixed in position. The owners also seem to have pitched the venue at an older more traditional crowd with the musicals, opera etc.

The Helix had Sufjan Stevens and Modest Mouse last year, and we have Liam Gallagher in an aircraft hangar at Halloween.
    BGE is slowly moving towards more gigs though. Eg. Cranberries, Kraftwerk, Divine Comedy, Jeff Mills, Regina Spektor all in the space of a year or so.

Helix is only 1840, not much bigger than Olympia and smaller than BGE.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 fickletosser

andrew1977 wrote: »
    Sold out signs up now.[/Q

We had 5 devices between two of us on the go to try get two tickets. It came up no tickets available 30 seconds after the 10 am start time. They are on the tout sites now selling for up to 4 times the value. Soul destroying for genuine fans!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

Sabre0001 wrote: »

Crap - neither did I!
    Annoyed I missed this.

There's room for another date as he's in Belgium Monday, Dublin Wednesday & Glasgow on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

He wrote on FB that he was delighted his tour sold out in one day and sign up to his mailing list for details on any fortcoming tours.
    It seems no additional dates will be added.

there's nothing on in the Olympia the night before or the night after

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Sounds like my kind of place! Seriously, I love the Olympia but thats probably part nostalgia on my part as some of the best gigs I've been to have been there. Lot of the ones I go to tend not to be too packed out so maybe I've never seen it at its worst. Sloping floor is a big plus point in its favour and I cant remember having any problems with the sound and I'm already half deaf!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

102 tickets on a tout site for this. That is nearly 10% of the venue's capacity being bought up by touts.
    Problem is you do not have to have tickets to offer them for sale on most (all?) of these sites. There are load of people stuck with no tickets on seatwave, they might get refunds but are still fcuked over. The trick is people advertise tickets on seatwave, get the sale and then go try and find tickets for cheaper, if they cannot get them cheaper they take the hit and get banned, no big loss for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

How do people know this about the sellers? I've heard it a few times on here.

I've had a look at buying and selling to see how much Seatwave earn. You would want a fairly big gap between selling and buying price. If someone sells a ticket for €150, around €18 would be taken in seller fees leaving you with €138.

Then if you find tickets for €100, there's a buyer's fee of around €18/19.

A lot of work to make around €20.

A few tickets were just released on TM for tonight's gig

(ha ha for the people who already paid over the odds on SeatWave!)

I picked up a couple on advert.ie during the week - still some for sale there too

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

Standing tickets still available on ticketmaster for tonight.

Advertisement