Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird Problem with machine disconnecting

Options
  • 07-07-2017 8:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭

I have been having with my Acer Aspire V5 for the last few months. Since Christmas I have wiped and reloaded it twice. It's Windows 10

At 22 minutes past the hour usually starting from 9.22am then 11.22 etc my laptop disconnects from the wifi. It is an utter pain in the whole. I have googled till I am blue in the face. Ran virus stuff, stopped automatic windows updates and it is also the reason that I did a reformat a few weeks ago.

I have ran malwarebytes, have paid antivirus on it and ran that. Ran all sorts and nothing.

I have removed and reinstalled all network drivers.

Tearing my hair out. It is 3 years old but I do love my laptop as it works great apart from this. I use it for work now and I could be in the middle of something and the ****er disconnects. I really can't be doing with this.

I really don't know what else to look at?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭rock22

i can't help but i am having the same problem with another Acer laptop, Acer Aspire E1.
    It has only started in the past few months. I haven't noticed the actual time , hust that it regularly will dsconnect from the Wifi and then shows no available networks.
    A HP laptop, a Samsung tablet and a Samsung phone on the same network give no problems. Seems to be a problem with Acer laptops

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

rock22 wrote: »
    i can't help but i am having the same problem with another Acer laptop, Acer Aspire E1.
    It has only started in the past few months. I haven't noticed the actual time , hust that it regularly will dsconnect from the Wifi and then shows no available networks.
    A HP laptop, a Samsung tablet and a Samsung phone on the same network give no problems. Seems to be a problem with Acer laptops

I did ipconfig/all and noticed that the DHCH lease time was at 22! so I think there is something gone wrong. I recently reformatted and this started again once I upgraded back to windows 10.

I checked my router and made sure the DHCP lease was 9,999 and it hasn't made any difference.

Frustrating when no one else having problems. I wonder if it is an acer/windows conflict

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I did ipconfig/all and noticed that the DHCH lease time was at 22! so I think there is something gone wrong. I recently reformatted and this started again once I upgraded back to windows 10.

I checked my router and made sure the DHCP lease was 9,999 and it hasn't made any difference.

Frustrating when no one else having problems. I wonder if it is an acer/windows conflict

Give your laptop a static IP address on the network outside of the DHCP range:

Go into your router and find the settings for DHCP Range, it's usually something like: 192.168.1.100 to 192.168.1.200

Then on your laptop, set the IP address to something outside that range, like: 192.168.1.50

That has helped me in the past with some networking issues.

Google setting a static IP for more info on how to go about it. Note that you may have to undo this if you leave your network, i.e. take your laptop out to work. Not sure if this is required, it might be per network anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

CatInABox wrote: »
    Give your laptop a static IP address on the network outside of the DHCP range:

Go into your router and find the settings for DHCP Range, it's usually something like: 192.168.1.100 to 192.168.1.200

Then on your laptop, set the IP address to something outside that range, like: 192.168.1.50

That has helped me in the past with some networking issues.

Google setting a static IP for more info on how to go about it. Note that you may have to undo this if you leave your network, i.e. take your laptop out to work. Not sure if this is required, it might be per network anyway.

Yeah I thought about a static IP but I use this between my home and the office.

I changed a few things in the router earlier and we switched it off for a bit and so far I haven't lost connection (I will now I said this lol)

cheers for the reply!

Advertisement