Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I sync?

Options
  • 07-07-2017 1:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

In the past I have been using my laptop, which has a password and is kept in my home office, but I am trying to become familiar with a smart phone,which does not have a password.

Thus if the phone and laptop are synced and I lose my phone the finder will be able to find out all things in my laptop, but I do not think there is anything that is very private.

What do most people do? Should I sync?

Comments

noelfitz wrote: »
    In the past I have been using my laptop, which has a password and is kept in my home office, but I am trying to become familiar with a smart phone,which does not have a password.

Thus if the phone and laptop are synced and I lose my phone the finder will be able to find out all things in my laptop, but I do not think there is anything that is very private.

What do most people do? Should I sync?

What exactly are you thinking about syncing between your phone and laptop?

In any case, you should have some form of security on your phone, whether it's a pin, password, pattern, fingerprint.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭Xterminator

password on the phone is the way to go.

Advertisement