Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

opinions huawei p8 lite 2017 phone

Options
  • 06-07-2017 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭

Hello , I am just looking for opinions on the huawei p8 lite 2017 phone.
    Any opinions good or bad.
    Looking for good battery.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭kala85

Any opinions on this phone at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭kagni

kala85 wrote: »
    Any opinions on this phone at all?

Got one recently and it's a decent phone for the price.

Pros - looks more expensive than price indicates. Really good, fast fingerprint sensor. Decent screen with excellent brightness.
    Camera and battery are nothing exceptional but are fine for the price. I get a full day from a charge with medium usage.

Cons - I'm not a huge fan of the EMUI interface, changed to Nova Launcher which I prefer, but that is just a personal preference.
    Biggest negative is the 16Gb of storage, after loading up all my apps there's only around 3Gb left. I added an SD Card but there is no easy way to move apps to the SD Card so I may run into storage issues in the future. If you don't have lots of apps then it should be OK.
    Finally I'm not sure how many updates this phone will get from Huawei, last security update was in February, would have expected more updates since then.

I got mine 2nd hand for €150, so it's good for that kind of money but the lack of storage is a concern.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,795 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

got one last week when it was 160 from Meteor (gone back up to 210 now). Decent phone, reasonably quick though I don't play games so can't comment on that. Screen is nice and clear, good battery life, fingerprint scanner is great (I didn't have one before). EMUI has improved from my last phone which was also a Huawei - on older versions you had to store all your apps on the home screen but it now has a setting to enable an app drawer so it's more like stock Android. As Kagni has already said you can put your own launcher on if you don't like EMUI.
    Biggest negative is the 16Gb of storage, after loading up all my apps there's only around 3Gb left. I added an SD Card but there is no easy way to move apps to the SD Card so I may run into storage issues in the future. If you don't have lots of apps then it should be OK.

I think its possible to merge the SD card with the internal storage which is a standard Nougat feature but Huawei have hidden it - check XDA maybe?
    Finally I'm not sure how many updates this phone will get from Huawei, last security update was in February, would have expected more updates since then.

My phone got an update when I switched it on which brought the Android patch level to July. I believe it's due to get Oreo in the new year (but my last phone was supposed to get Marshmallow and never did).

Advertisement