Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Replacement Authorisation

Options
  • 06-07-2017 8:43pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭

Just looking for opinions.

I ordered an item from Amazon, item arrives Friday not working.

Contact Amazon via online chat Saturday night,

Agent arranges replacement, while on chat my Revolut Card notifies me that my card has been pinged for £0.00.

I ask the agent and am told all replacements need to be authorised to process the replacement, no payment taken.

On Monday I notice a €1.00 transaction from Amazon on my Bank of Ireland account. A card I have not used since 2016 on Amazon.

I contacted support and they told me to cancel my BOI card I've been compromised etc

I advised it wasn't the case and after back and fro they apologised for saying card compromised, they cannot prove they tried my card twice. Though I sent screenshots.

I'm just really annoyed, more so by the denial.

Should they of tried my BOI card, though it was unassociated with the transaction?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Have you the card still listed under your account payment methods?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

Yes it's on my account.

Have you the card still listed under your account payment methods?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

My guess, first card auth failed so system authentication the next card. It's in Amazons return policy that they'll charge you for the replacement if you don't return the original item.

Whoever told you card has been compromised likely hadn't a clue what they are on about

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

Hi thanks. I didn't think of system to be honest. Was thinking human error.

It's more so the cock up of admitting what happened afterwards.

Thanks for help :)

Advertisement