Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on NCB

Options
  • 06-07-2017 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

I was involved in a minor accident last Oct. The cost of the damage to my car was €1400 and I paid the first €300 so my insurance covered the remaining €1100. I claimed against the other party however my insurer told me as the other party did not accept responsibility, there were no eye witnesses and no CCTV cameras it would be best to just close the case. They said that if I pay them €1100 now my 50% No Claims Bonus will be reinstated.

1. Is it worth forking out €1100 to get my 50% NCB reinstated?
    2. How will my premium be effected if I pay this?
    3. How will my premium be effected if I do not pay this?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Gooser14

I suspect you premium will double at least if you have lost your NCB.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Your NCB will be reinstated but your premium could be doubled. It's a no win unfortunately...

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Cookmeister

I hate everything to do with insurance :( :mad:

Thanks guys

I had a no fault claim last year. Full liability by the other party admitted after 6 months and a day. My renewal went up anyway by 50% as statistically they told me I am now more likely to have another accident.... Nonsense....

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Cookmeister

It's complete nonsense and I get so infuriated every time I think of how I have to suffer due to the fault of somebody else! Even if the other party accepted responsibility, the fact that my premium would increase for making the claim is just ridiculous!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

I had a no fault claim last year. Full liability by the other party admitted after 6 months and a day. My renewal went up anyway by 50% as statistically they told me I am now more likely to have another accident.... Nonsense....

Liability may have been accepted. (by Insurers or the 3rd party??) but has the money been paid over yet? A delay could be the problem.

Both the insurance company and I got all the money back directly from the 3rd party company the same time well before renewal date. But them statistics they tell me.....

Advertisement