Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Telescope modification advise needed

Options
  • 06-07-2017 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Afternoon all.
    I'm picking up astronomy again after a few years away from it.
    I've built a ROR observatory in the back garden and had a pier made to take my Meade LXD75 telescope.
    How ever I now discover a clash between the scope and the upper plate on the pier.

The easiest and quickest way to resolve this is to put a 40mm spacer between the tube cradle and the mount. The is will move the tube directly away from the counter weight as shown on the attached picture.

Will this effect any of the calculations done within the controller when slewing?
    On disassembly I discover 2 sets of 5 washers indicating that the distance has been set using these washers. Could this be the case?

Any advice appreciated!

Thanks,
    Wavey.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭murphyme2010

Hello Wavey,

That shouldn't make any difference to the controller as long as the tube is still perpendicular to the polar axis of the mount.

Michael.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Wavey

Thanks Michael.
    I'll give it a go.

Advertisement