Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Music

Options
  • 06-07-2017 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all. I'm on the search for musicians for our wedding mid December 2017 in East Limerick. Although I've found two bands who are free on the date I feel their fees are a little extortionate for my budget and I'm not overly in love with their music.

What I'm looking for:
    Musicians, not singers. A violin and piano player who can play lively, traditional like music. I'm not musically literate in any way so I am open to other ideas once there is upbeat music and I get an opportunity to listen to them before sealing the deal!

I'd love to hear from anyone with recommendations! Thanks a mill in advance ;-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

What is your budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 fallingapples

davo2001 wrote: »
    What is your budget?

To be perfectly honest, I don't know what I should be budgeting but I did get a quote of €550/€600+ which I nearly fell off the chair when I heard. Granted though, in those quotes there were 4 members in the group and all traveling from the 4 corners of the country. Unfortunately, I really don't have that much to spend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

I did get a quote of €550/€600+

This price seems resonable to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

To be perfectly honest, I don't know what I should be budgeting but I did get a quote of €550/€600+ which I nearly fell off the chair when I heard. Granted though, in those quotes there were 4 members in the group and all traveling from the 4 corners of the country. Unfortunately, I really don't have that much to spend.

That's incredibly good rate if they are an established wedding band.
    I'm not sure you'll get anyone good for much less, unless you get very lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 4 fallingapples

Wow, thanks so much for the insight. I'm obviously ignorant to it all! I might live in hope for another while and if I fail I might revert to what I've been offered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭John_Mc

500 is probably the budget for a wedding DJ, where there's only one person and they won't need to be musicians. A good wedding band can easily cost 3k and up, definitely if they are a good band and in demand.

Advertisement