Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

consoladating from 2x phones to 1 android phone

Options
  • 05-07-2017 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭

I was using 2x phones for different purposes over the last couple of years. I want to now scrape everything off one - and add to the second phone.

I've taken all the data off the phone that I'd like to retire. However, I'd like to use the gmail account associated with that phone on the other phone - and carry over any apps that I have on that phone to the other phone.

Is there a setting I need to select to sync the apps to the phone before I make the move (so that the apps come with me)?

When I then go and sign in on the 2nd phone (the one I will be keeping) using the email address that was associated with the first (now redundant) phone, will I lose access to any apps that are already installed/associated with that 2nd phone (via the gmail address I want to do away with)?

Presumably any data (photos/files/etc.) on the 2nd phone that I'm keeping will not be affected?

Hope all that makes sense!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Android can show you the apps again in the play store when you sign in, but they wont carry their data. To do that you must be rooted.

Advertisement