Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Geocaching for newbs

• 05-07-2017 1:08pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Hi all,
    I don't know a whole lot about geocaching but the little I do know sounds like it could be fun. Is there a beginners guide or a tl:dr about it all somewhere that I can read?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,926 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Not your ornery onager

Hi Miamee, feel free to fire questions this way any time you like! I am working on getting together a quick guide to stick in this forum, thanks for reminding me :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Ok cool, thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭washiskin

Hello, recently found a little box with Geocache stuff in it. Had a quick peep before putting it back - the little notebook is full; would it be ok to add a new one or is that a no-no?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,926 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Add away, I say.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement

Would be fine by me if it were my cache - can be hard to stay on top of keeping the logs clean and making sure they're not full.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭washiskin

Sorry to bother you folks again, went back to check the size of notebook needed for the box and it has been pretty much cleared out. There was a lovely coin type thing in it and it's gone along with the old notebook. Is this normal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

washiskin wrote: »
    Sorry to bother you folks again, went back to check the size of notebook needed for the box and it has been pretty much cleared out. There was a lovely coin type thing in it and it's gone along with the old notebook. Is this normal?

Rare enough but it does happen.
    A "needs maintenance" note needs to be logged on the GC website.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 ccardoso33

Heck the logs for the cache on the website, it could be under maintenance by the owner or maybe it has been muggled which is the term used to describe when a cache has been tampered with by non cachers... cache owners regularly check up k the condition of their hides but can sometimes get busy and not have time, they always appreciate a little help from everyone else playing!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Tyrone Shoes

Hi Miamee, feel free to fire questions this way any time you like! I am working on getting together a quick guide to stick in this forum, thanks for reminding me :)
    I was looking on here for any info aboout geocaching it all seems to be old/dated info. I was wondering did you ever get around to making that, quick guide to geocaching? I can't seem to find much info about it apart from on wiki. Would be handy if there was an Irish orientated guide for newbies

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

I was looking on here for any info aboout geocaching it all seems to be old/dated info. I was wondering did you ever get around to making that, quick guide to geocaching? I can't seem to find much info about it apart from on wiki. Would be handy if there was an Irish orientated guide for newbies

There is an Irish site.
    I stopped reading it years ago because it was full of "elitists" who felt that nobody should place their own cache until they had at least 10 or 20 "finds".

Advertisement