Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to order laptop from Argos UK via Parcel Motel

Options
  • 05-07-2017 1:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭

Hi there

I'm thinking of ordering a laptop from Argos UK and have it delivered via Parcel Motel up north, as it's almost €100 cheaper after currency conversion. Has anyone tried this or know if there are any potential snags?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Only real snag is if you need to return it to the store for whatever reason, even in that case the Irish Argos might deal with your issue, not sure what their position is on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

Can you not just buy it from Argos in Northern Ireland and collect it rather than shipping it from the UK?
    I've ordered stuff from Argos UK and collected it in Newry a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭FreshCoffee

I have ordered items including hard disk drives many times from the Argos UK shop on eBay and had them shipped via Parcel Motel and never had a delivery problem. I did have to return a faulty drive on one occasion and they provided me with a shipping label for Royal Post. As I am in NI irregularly I just dropped it off at a post office when I was up there & was refunded promptly.

The eBay Argos shop is worth looking at, many items I bought were cheaper than the regular Argos price.
    http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Argos

Finally if you are concerned you can also purchase extra 'insurance' from Parcel Motel to cover the cost of the item in case they lose or damage it.
    www.parcelmotel.com/extend-liability/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

I'd avoid argos for anything technical - they are just not set up for repairing any technical issues.

General returns policy is good, but repair options are dreadful.

Advertisement