Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Failure to register fine

Options
  • 04-07-2017 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi guys, i bought a car privately in march and thought i would be able to keep it for another while to save before paying VRT, however i only found out im now liable to pay a fine because i didnt register it within 30 days, does anyone know how much this fine is or if there is any other way around this, VRT is booked for tomorrow, slightly panicking.
    Thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

adcrossan wrote: »
    Hi guys, i bought a car privately in march and thought i would be able to keep it for another while to save before paying VRT, however i only found out im now liable to pay a fine because i didnt register it within 30 days, does anyone know how much this fine is or if there is any other way around this, VRT is booked for tomorrow, slightly panicking.
    Thanks guys
    You could be looking at 10% of the OMSP of the car.

http://www.vrt.ie/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=515

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Thanks guys
    Where did you buy the car from?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 adcrossan

i bought it privately

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭TheShow

i bought it privately

I think he meant what country.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 adcrossan

northern ireland, i see now that you dont have to pay the late fine if you can provide evidence that the car was being held outside of state, would a testimonial declaring that the car has been in residence in northern Ireland since the time of purchase be sufficient ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

northern ireland, i see now that you dont have to pay the late fine if you can provide evidence that the car was being held outside of state, would a testimonial declaring that the car has been in residence in northern Ireland since the time of purchase be sufficient ?

Worth a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You just need a handwritten receipt from the "seller"...

Advertisement