Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Japan plans to put astronaut on the moon by 2030

Options
  • 04-07-2017 7:38pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭

https://www.rte.ie/news/world/2017/0630/886736-japan-moon/
    This is the first time the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency has said it aims to send an astronaut beyond the International Space Station, an agency spokeswoman said.

The idea is to first join a NASA-led mission in 2025 to build a space station in the moon's orbit, as part of a longer-term effort by NASA to reach mars.

Oh dear got excited for a while, but then I saw "NASA-led" so won't be holding my breath.

Japan have put 16.5 ton H-II Transfer Vehicle into orbit and docked with the ISS and have solar sailed to Venus so thought they might be doing a solo run :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

Sure someones got to be the first on the moon might as well be Japan :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Or even North Korea, maybe that's what the tests are for ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Help!!!! wrote: »

Don't encourage the nuts :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,380 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Help!!!! wrote: »

2jvrlLv.gif

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

coylemj wrote: »
    Kneel before me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

If it's not a 20ft tall flying mech then I'm not interested.

Advertisement