Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Mp3 Player in the Play Store?

Options
  • 04-07-2017 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Just got a new HTC Desire 825 and there is no music player in the apps section. Can't play music unless I download something from the Play Store.

What is the best one that I can download, there are adds on the bottom of my downloaded attempts.

The music player in the HTC One phone was perfect.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭parttime

I really like Poweramp. Costs a few quid but you can use it on more than one device, and take it from phone to phone when you upgrade. I've had it on 4 phones now.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭The Gardener

Take a look at Pulsar, I use it as my main MP3 player on both phone and tablet. The free version gives you everything except an equaliser.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

DoubleTwist or Cloudplayer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,764 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Could root the phone and use an adblocker. Then use whatever app you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

vanilla player is really good

and free with no ads

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

I've been through tons. But VLC might do the trick. I use Foobar myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,070 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Was Google's "play music" not on the device

It's what I've been using but might try something else

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

I use Blackplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,306 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I have have tried most including poweramp but have been using Zplayer for years now.

ZPlayer mimics the interface of the now long since discontinued Microsoft Zune HD which had the best interface on any mp3 player I used to own and I owned many over the years. What I like about it the most is that with it's alphabetic grid as now seen on Windows Phones I find is the fastest way to locate an album or track that I have ever used. It downloads artist art in the background and the whole think looks very stylish and slick. Not quite as good as the original Zune HD but almost.

The Zune HD lacked a good equalizer but since I've got Viper4Android installed ( an amazing powerful equalizer that one can install on a rooted phone) I am totally satisfied with my smartphone as an audio device.

Hint: Go into preferences and turn on most of the options for a better experience even if you don't know what they mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭darrenw5O94

Was Google's "play music" not on the device

It's what I've been using but might try something else

It was on it, but it prompts me to subscribe to a service instead of being an actual player. Pain in the ass......

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,196 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I always liked n7 player but I never bothered installing it on my last phone. I might do it now actually...

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭darrenw5O94

I tried the first one suggested, that was Pulsar and it does the job perfectly. I might try out some of the other one though, just for comparison reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

I always have issues playing files on android players, including the ones mentioned here.
    Can anyone reccommend a mp3 converter app?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

I always have issues playing files on android players, including the ones mentioned here.

What kind of problems? Are all your tracks acc or something weird?

Look up fairstars audio converter.

Iv never once had a single issue with audio playback on Android.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭The Gardener

I've a (good) few .wma files amongst the music files on my phone, rather than converting them I use VLC if I want to listen to music on shuffle. VLC has the codecs for playing other file types as well as mp3s.

Advertisement