Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar string problem

Options
  • 04-07-2017 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭

The B string on my guitar is making a weird humming sound after the string is played and I don't know what is caused by and its driving me insane.

I don't know enough about guitars to even know where to start.

Tried to attach a sound clip to this post but it won't let me.

I know it's hard to know what's wrong with out hearing it but maybe someone could tell me where to start

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭thelawman

acoustic or electric?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

thelawman wrote: »
    acoustic or electric?

Sorry should of mentioned its an acoustic

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Prob hitting a fret

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Did it start after changing strings?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭thelawman

kinda hard to diagnose without seeing it, can you take the string off and refit it, it could be the bridge pin is not seated correctly, how old are the strings?
    check the nut to see if anything is causing the rattle, I doubt if it's touching a fret or it would be very obvious to you. What make is the guitar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

Have the guitar from new about a month gets about an hour use everyday have never changed the strings on it.

Its definatly not hitting a fret.

How long do strings last?

Its a Brunswick acoustic guitar

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Stick a bit of foam under the strings besides the nut, on the tuner side. Could be a sympathetic vibration.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    The B string on my guitar is making a weird humming sound after the string is played and I don't know what is caused by and its driving me insane.

Does it only happen if you play the string open, or does it always happen regardless of where you press the string, or just on particular fret?

Advertisement