Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best of the online Springboard IT conversion courses?

Options
  • 04-07-2017 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hey all! I am in need of advice. I can't decide which of the IT conversion (Higher Diploma) online courses to apply to. I am excluding a few such as from NCI Ireland, and Carlow IT, based on reviews online and a cursory look at their prospectus/materials, etc. but it is still quite a hard decision. I want to focus on software development but would like to cover other general comp science areas as after this I am attending university for a full time comp sci degree and want to use this course as a headstart into the coursework involved.

If anyone can recommend a course that offered in-depth teaching and excellent lecturers I would really appreciate it. I really don't want to be stuck with average materials and average quality teaching.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

I did cloud in NCI.
    Found the college grand and would not have much hesitation in returning - largely due to its convenience for me commute-wise.
    The back-office / admin part of the college comes accross as quite chaotic most of the time.
    Lecturers were good, very helpful for the most part and understanding of those of us who were working fulltime along with the course.
    From a Computer Architecture / Networking perspective - you likely won't find much in the Conversion stream (i'm open to correction though) - you'll do basic Computer Architecture (OSI Model etc) and network types, data choke points etc - but you won't get your hands dirty - its all theory.

Advertisement