Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

boyfriend cheated and now ive no debs date

Options
  • 04-07-2017 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

yeah so my now ex cheated on me several times on his lad holiday in magaluf and now a month later im struggling to find a date to my debs at the end of august :)))
    i dont really have any friends that are boys because i went to an all girls school and i was only really friends with his group and obviously i dont want to bring one of them..
    i never thought id see myself in this situation and im panicking so much about it now, all my friends are sorted and i really would hate to go by myself, ive just literally nobody else to ask, you know? please if anyone has any advice for me id really appreciate it because i feel sick whenever i think of it, thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

lcert2017 wrote: »
    yeah so my now ex cheated on me several times on his lad holiday in magaluf and now a month later im struggling to find a date to my debs at the end of august :)))
    i dont really have any friends that are boys because i went to an all girls school and i was only really friends with his group and obviously i dont want to bring one of them..
    i never thought id see myself in this situation and im panicking so much about it now, all my friends are sorted and i really would hate to go by myself, ive just literally nobody else to ask, you know? please if anyone has any advice for me id really appreciate it because i feel sick whenever i think of it, thank you!

Would one of your friends not know of someone you could bring? Other than that I suppose you could try to find someone on tinder and if it goes well you could maybe invite them :P if in the end if you can't find someone don't worry. It's not the end of the world to go on your own. You'll have fun with your friends either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

lcert2017 wrote: »

Do any of your mates have a brother who you'd be friendly enough with to go with?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Probably not helpful....

You'll realise very soon after the debs just what a big deal the debs isn't. Don't sweat it.

-a grownup.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

You don't have to bring a guy if you don't know any. Do you have any friends from outside school that you'd like to bring? Someone that you know you'd have the craic with. A few girls did that at my debs (a long time ago).

EDIT: Or, alternatively, someone that's friends with some the guys your friends are going with?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ciaranisn

Either go single or if you meet someone that you think is grand, ask them. Don't make a big deal of it. It's just simple gettogether. A glorified simple gettogether.

Worst case scenario: someone says that you didn't bring someone to the debs. Scandalous, Right?

Because who cares. It's glorified so just treat it as an expensive night out that you do your best to spend the minimal amount of money on. It really is glorified showing how necessary it is in a teenagers life.

• Advertisement
Advertisement