Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bord Gais Energy - switch FAIL

Options
  • 04-07-2017 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

1. On 15 June I completed online forms on Bord Gais website to change dual fuel to them (from current provider who are more expensive). I received confirmation email from them the same day. Today, 4 July, I still have not been changed and provided with no update.

2. The 15 June email states that "We'll call you within 3 working days to book your appointment for Hive Active Heating" - This never happened and still hasn't.

3. On 22 June I sent follow up email, copying original email, to their support team. I received a response from a named rep to say unless I provide the address on my account and my Bord Gais Energy account number, they cannot help me. I replied and said basically that I don't have an account yet, that was the point of the original email.

4. On 24 June I receive an email saying expect a callback between 10-11am Monday. I received a call Monday at 10am (26 June) where no sound came down the line. I spoke for a couple of minutes and gave up. I do not know if this was Bord Gais, but I expect it was.

5. On 26 June I called them directly as I hadn't received the expected call back and I was a bit fed up. I spoke to a customer service rep who said it looked like my account was in process. He told me it should be setup in 24-48 hours. I decided I'd give them the benefit of the doubt.

6. On 4 July, having had zero communication on the issue since 26 June, I call them. I get through to a customer service rep who tells me it's in process according to his system but he can't get more details. He'll need to transfer me to someone else who has a better system to see more details. I think during the transfer process they made a mistake. The result is they hung up on me. They haven't called me back.

I will try them again now and put an urgent request in to cancel the transfer because it's a joke and I could not imagine dealing with their customer service if I had an active account.

EDIT: Another effort just now where I rang them and while "attempting" to transfer me to the correct department the call dropped.

Advertisement