Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air b and b cancellation issues

Options
  • 04-07-2017 6:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,886 ✭✭✭

First time using them, i booked a place as they had flexible cancellation which was clearly stated on their page, anyway got a better place to stay so messaged the host to cancel but she said i would not get a refund as she had a strict cancellation policy, ive sent her a few messages since, pointing out what was stated on her page but no reply. Cant contact air b an b directly it seems until 72 hours after i make a cancellation/request refund. Never used it before and at a loss here, i presume she will have to abide by her cancellation terms which were clearly stated on her page? Anybody help me out here?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Did you cancel in time? There are very clear instructions that it must be done 24hrs before check in time (3pm). Not 24hrs before the time you told them you would arrive to check in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,886 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

davo10 wrote: »
    Did you cancel in time? There are very clear instructions that it must be done 24hrs before check in time (3pm). Not 24hrs before the time you told them you would arrive to check in.

Oh absolutely i cancelled it within a few hours of making it, and 5 days before the booking date

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

Did the host have a strict cancellation policy? I know some can set it so that if you cancel within 30 days of arrival, you pay half or 100%. I think even moderate cancellation policy is 7 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

All of the details are on the AirBNB Page

https://www.airbnb.com/home/cancellation_policies#flexible

It's really down to what option was chosen on the booking.

Advertisement