Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deleuze

Options
  • 03-07-2017 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

Hi just wondering has any one here read Deleuze, and would like to start a general discussion about deleuzian concepts

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,022 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Gilles Deleuze. Postmodern philosopher. Argued there's no good or evil. Only conceptual relationships. Some harmful. Others beneficial. Focus on concepts useful. Concepts exhibit multiplicity. Concepts are not single things. Rather an assemblage of components (i.e., variables that allow for empirical operationalizations and measurement). Concepts have relationships with other concepts. Allows concepts to become building blocks of theories and philosophies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭LimerickSports

Hi guys sorry for the late reply permabear and fathom. Im not even sure what concepts id like to discuss but ive been intersted in him for over a year, something about his philosophy is very interesting and he talks about so much (spinoza, bergson, nietzche, marcel proust, castanada etc). i guess the main thing im interested in, is his ethics. if he has one. my idea is his ethics is based on experimentation, experiment with life, look for the affects in life (affect and be affected). I still find alot of his work confusing but have a good enough understanding of some of it. Do you have any insight on his ethics or how to apply Deleuze in real life? if not its cool, id like have a general discussion about him anyway

and this will seem like a stupid question, but are concepts like ideas?

Hi guys sorry for the late reply permabear and fathom. Im not even sure what concepts id like to discuss but ive been intersted in him for over a year, something about his philosophy is very interesting and he talks about so much (spinoza, bergson, nietzche, marcel proust, castanada etc). i guess the main thing im interested in, is his ethics. if he has one. my idea is his ethics is based on experimentation, experiment with life, look for the affects in life (affect and be affected). I still find alot of his work confusing but have a good enough understanding of some of it. Do you have any insight on his ethics or how to apply Deleuze in real life? if not its cool, id like have a general discussion about him anyway

ive read 2 introduction books to deleuze, one by todd may, his book is specifically on his ethics, or how to life a life? he says the same thing to ask "how might one live?" to experiment, explore, and favour chance (instead of planning things out all the time) roll the dice, follow desire. active desire seeks to go to its limit, while reactive desire seeks to destroy active desire. hope im making sense here, let me know what ye think

• Advertisement
Advertisement