Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tablet stuck in CWM boot loop

Options
  • 03-07-2017 6:44pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,195 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This is a bit of a shot in the dark as it's a fairly uncommon tablet but what the hell, maybe there's some generic procedure that might help.

I had a virus on my Acer A510 and was trying to reflash the ROM I had (Nothrills JellyBean). I installed flashify and flashed the CWM img recommended for my tablet. After rebooting, it goes into a loop of showing the Acer logo then the CWM splashscreen but I can't interact with it or do anything else.

I imagine I have to do some command line trickery from a PC but I've never had any luck with that stuff in the past with any device.

If anyone has a trick I could try...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stanley1

can you get to recovery mode.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,195 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

stanley1 wrote: »
    can you get to recovery mode.

No. It just gets to the boot screen and keeps looping.

I finally got to recovery mode using a linux PC and fastboot. However, after flashing the ROM again I just get stuck on the Acer screen. I can get back into CWM recovery at least.

I finally got to recovery mode using a linux PC and fastboot. However, after flashing the ROM again I just get stuck on the Acer screen. I can get back into CWM recovery at least.

Solved this with an alternate ROM eventually.

Advertisement