Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bio-Sculpture Nails, Dublin

Options
  • 03-07-2017 1:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

Hi, does anyone know a nail technician does bio-sculpture in Dublin, preferably with parking?

(For anyone who doesn't know what that is, it's like Shellac except healthy for your nails. It's a bit more expensive but for me it's really worth it, as it's the only thing that keeps my nails healthy!)

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Nails Inc use bio-sculpture.

Not being smart, but how is it healthier than other gel polishes? I got bio-sculpture done for years and my healthy nails became like paper during that time, really weak and thin. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Yup the Nails Inc 3 week manicure is Bio Sculpture. Glam Nails on Trinity St used to do it a few years ago but I haven't been there since. You could always email BS and find out what salons offer it.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Caryatnid

Valentina wrote: »
    Nails Inc use bio-sculpture.

Not being smart, but how is it healthier than other gel polishes? I got bio-sculpture done for years and my healthy nails became like paper during that time, really weak and thin. :(

Thanks to you & Scraggs.

To answer your question Valentina: I'm not an expert in nail stuff. All I know is that I've been told (& from reading online) that it's a 'treatment' for the nails, that happens to also work like Shellac. I was skeptical (I know I sound like I'm selling the stuff, I'm really not!), but prior to Bio-Sculpture, my nails were splitting horizontally, not sure how to explain it properly, but it was as if the top half of my nail kept coming off. I thought it was stress/diet/whatever. Bought Sally Hansen and other strengthener things. In the end I happened to be talking to a nail technician who does Biosculpture, she convinced me to try it. Since the first application, my nails not only don't split as before, but also don't break. I used it for maybe just over two years. I stopped doing it last year for personal reasons and my nails got crap again after three months. Got one more treatment this year and they were healthy again! Maybe it's not for every type of nail, but whatever it does for my nails is noticeably better than Shellac/nothing/nail-varnish/anything else I've tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Caryatnid

Scraggs wrote: »
    You could always email BS and find out what salons offer it.

Good idea, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Percyxoxo

Caryatnid wrote: »
    Hi, does anyone know a nail technician does bio-sculpture in Dublin, preferably with parking?

(For anyone who doesn't know what that is, it's like Shellac except healthy for your nails. It's a bit more expensive but for me it's really worth it, as it's the only thing that keeps my nails healthy!)

Thanks!
    I think Rouge in Ranelagh do it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭tea_and_cake

Percyxoxo wrote: »
    I think Rouge in Ranelagh do it

Was just going to suggest them. They do and you can book online.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Tooshka

I think Rouge no longer do Biosculpture, I was a regular and took a break for a few months as my nails were breaking - ready to go again but looking for a provider that doesn't charge an arm and a leg! Rouge were only charging 40 euro ... suggestions anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Shelley34

Does anyone know of anybody still doing Bio Sculpture?

I've only found 1 place in Clontarf, but isn't getting great reviews so not so sure.

At this stage I don't care if they cost an arm and a leg. For 5 years I had perfect nails, but then Nails Inc stopped using it, opting for the new mix in color gel and my nails are destroyed. The technicians that were there for ages seemed to be able to do it properly, but they've all left and for months now my manicure lasts only about 2 weeks before cracking, peeling or lifting.

Any ex Bio Sculpture users have any recommendations as a replacement? My nails are thin and soft now, so I don't want to go near Shellac. Gellish? Is that any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Tooshka

Hi Shelley
    If you email Biosculpture Ireland they will send you a list - I used to go to Burgundy Beauty in Blackrock, if that's any help!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Shelley34

Thanks Tooshka,

I did email them last year, they gave me a list but most of them I got in contact with weren't doing it anymore. I kinda forgot about it, but now that you've reminded me I'll dig it out and check again.

I'll check out Burgundy, thanks!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement