Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPS weekend

Options
  • 02-07-2017 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi, I have ordered a package online and currently it has left Tamworth GB at 3:06 yesterday morning, which is a saturday. It hasn't arrived anywhere yet and today is Sunday. So I was wondering what happens with the package today? My last package left Tamworth one morning and arrived the following day in the afternoon. Does this mean that it could arrive on this Monday? The expected delivery day was rescheduled from the Monday to the tuesday

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Deub

It will be tuesday. I believe they don't work on sunday so your parcels will move again Monday night to be delivered Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 JoshLieghio

Deub wrote: »
    It will be tuesday. I believe they don't work on sunday so your parcels will move again Monday night to be delivered Tuesday.

See I looked online and ups says when it says departure, it means that the package is moving, until it reaches the next depot

• Registered Users Posts: 25,340 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

See I looked online and ups says when it says departure, it means that the package is moving, until it reaches the next depot

It's probably sitting in a container in East Midlands airport but arrived too late to be scanned so that's why your parcel is in limbo.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

They send it from Tamworth by truck, arriving in Dublin on Sunday, usually. Then on to the delivery depot for delivery Monday or Tuesday.

whiterebel wrote: »
    They send it from Tamworth by truck, arriving in Dublin on Sunday, usually. Then on to the delivery depot for delivery Monday or Tuesday.

Think it's looking more like tomorrow. Last update was when it left Tamworth Saturday morning and hasn't been updated since.
    Was hoping if get to build my pc today as I'm off work today and in all week :( lol

• Advertisement

Out of curiosity, how does it get from England to Ireland? Is it ferry or plane?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,340 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Out of curiosity, how does it get from England to Ireland? Is it ferry or plane?

Poster whiterebel (who is a mod on the Online buying forum) in post #5 above says it comes from Tamworth by truck.

Check the tracking data tomorrow morning, it should tell you what happened after it left Tamworth. If there's no mention of a regional airport like East Midlands then it came by truck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

I work in UPS. It would have come by truck. If it arrived in Dublin on Sunday then it should have been out for delivery yesterday. I loaded a PC onto a van this morning. If you live in Ballyfermot then it could be yours.

Advertisement