Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you heard of him( Peter lendvay aka pepe)

Options
  • 01-07-2017 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Guys getting a tattoo done, adult day session. The crowd in Athlone.. Inksane have recommended this lad coming from Dublin for it. Pepe (Peter lendvay), he is supposed to be a really good black/shade artist. His instagram is good but it's full of filters and I'm not 100% about. Anyone had any experiences with him or had work done. What you think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭FMG

I have a portrait done by Pepe ( Tallaght Ink). Great job to be fair, got me a 1st in Midleton Tatoo show last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 REDDINGTON5

FMG wrote: »
    I have a portrait done by Pepe ( Tallaght Ink). Great job to be fair, got me a 1st in Midleton Tatoo show last year.

Ya? I have alot of tattoos but it's been years since my last one. Have a little mistake I want covered up before my wedding, a sleeve and I don't want something that ain't worth it if I'm going that big. I have good ones then 1 or 2 bads ones. A good peice with thick lines and good dark shading.He is coming down to do it next week and it's a bit more easy going now you enlightened me. Any chance of sending a picture?

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭FMG

The camera on my phone is goosed but might be best to have a look at some of his stuff here,. I was very pleased and would be happy to have more done by him . Might be an idea to send him an email with any enquiries,https://www.heliostattoo.com/v/vspfiles/assets/images/Pepe-Work.png

• Registered Users Posts: 33 stilllooking

I've seen some of his stuff on facebook, it's extremely good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 REDDINGTON5

I've seen some of his stuff on facebook, it's extremely good.

So have I and instagram. But ya know you'd rather see up close or got the approval of someone that's got work done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

I think he could be the same Pepe as worked in Utopian tribe Tattoo in Kilkenny years ago. I enquired about getting work done by Charles Huurman once and they told me Pepe could do the tattoo if I didn't want to wait. Checked out his work and in the end decided no to bother. It just didn't do anything for me personally. I thought it was OK to good, nothing special. No real depth or character to any of his work that I could see.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 stilllooking

In all fairness Sam Hain tattoo artists improve with practice so if it was good several years ago it might be worth checking out again now after several years of working on his craft. Every great tattoo artist was 'ok to good' at some point in their career.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

In all fairness Sam Hain tattoo artists improve with practice so if it was good several years ago it might be worth checking out again now after several years of working on his craft. Every great tattoo artist was 'ok to good' at some point in their career.

Have looked at his portfolio, he's average at best. He does a decent skull I guess but it's just my opinion in the end, but his style of work does not appeal to me. I find it clichéd and vapid.

Advertisement