Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you do the second year of a higher cert course if you done a 1 yr Level 6 course?

Options
  • 01-07-2017 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

I just recently got great marks with doing a year level 6 PLC course in Business and want to be doing the second year in higher cert business course in the IT. Im just wondering would the IT let you in because you did brillant in your first year of level 6 or do I really have to do the three years of the level 7 then to a level 8?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Vlove

sugarman wrote: »
    You're being a bit vague there, each college will have different entry requirements for its programs and some do accommodate for those that already hold previous qualifications or related work experience.

What course are you looking to do, and in what college?

Ok I am looking to do the higher cert in Business in IT Sligo but I want to the second year because I just recently done a year Level 6 PLC course in Business. This was an advanced cert. Im just wondering can they take someone like me who has the cert and have no problem to take me on the second year?

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Vlove

sugarman wrote: »
    Shouldn't be a problem, but you'd have to contact the college to find out exactly. Are you a mature student? and would you not just do the level 7 Degree for 3 years?

Ive had friends in college who done Level 6 PLCs and went straight into 2nd year of a 3 year Level 7.

As I said, it entirely depends on the college and their requirements but plenty of them are flexible with these things taking such qualification into account as well as work experience in the industry.

Well I have my Level 5 &6 completed and yeah I suppose thats true , it does depend on different colleges. Im not a mature yet til this november coming so I dont know if it makes any odds? As well as doing the level 7 degree, I would be reapeating first year again since the first two years are Level 6. After the two years, you do one year of Level 7 and then one year of Level 8. If i have to reapeat first year i could but it would be my waste yknow. The lassie in Sligo IT gave me a transfer application so fingers crossed that I get into the second year of the level 6 course!

Advertisement