Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone remember 'Flog in the Bog'?

• 01-07-2017 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭

It was a summer solstice festival that took place in Littleton maybe around 20 years ago or so. I was a bit young to attend, but I remember being near killenaule, and hearing the electronic music pulsating through the air. Seemed really iconic and rebellious at the time :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭mikep

I remember that well..never attended myself but know a good few who did. I used to be able to hear it from my place as well..There used to be a long established community of old style hippies living there for years and in the late 80's early 90's they started this annual rave which ended up getting quite large attracting more "crustie" types. I believe a lot of the original crew finally left as a new wave of crusties moved in who were fairly rough and didn't fit with the older original residents.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

mikep wrote: »
    I remember that well..never attended myself but know a good few who did. I used to be able to hear it from my place as well..There used to be a long established community of old style hippies living there for years and in the late 80's early 90's they started this annual rave which ended up getting quite large attracting more "crustie" types. I believe a lot of the original crew finally left as a new wave of crusties moved in who were fairly rough and didn't fit with the older original residents.
    I figured that alright, never knew they actually lived there though! I could hear the sonic sounds even in coolmore :O. 
    Did some searching online about the rave, but there is literally nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭rostalof

Sorry for resurrecting and old thread, but I was at the Summer Solstice "Flog in the Bog" or "Looney Line" as it was also known in June 1998. A right party! After partying right through the night, it was a long journey thumbing back to Limerick the following day. IIRC there was a main tent/stage with techno and trance and a smaller setup for drum and bass. I also remember buying cans from a makeshift bar in the back of a horsebox. You walked up the tailgate ramp and the can bar was right there in front of you, bliss at 4 in the morning!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Oops!

The organiser of those events passed away not too long ago, Bob was his first name, cant remember his surname....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

Oops! wrote: »
    The organiser of those events passed away not too long ago, Bob was his first name, cant remember his surname....

freeman . my father new him well . nice man

iv a cousin who used to live near gleesons quarry and you could hear it 'clear as day' as she would say. i heard it once. it was a right racket . it could be heard for miles

they have a nice walk over that way now i hear going up the old railway line to the island . i have meant to go out there someday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Oops!

Yes Freeman. I have relatives in the area and back in my early teens myself and a cousin used to cycle over the road to see what was going on! Great craic! They have a walk way over there alright, think it ends up at Derrynaflan Church ruin.

Advertisement