Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SEO backlinks and website review

Options
  • 30-06-2017 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭

Hi I have made my first website for my business that I have recently started up. First of what are peoples thought's on it is there anything you think I should change.

Eg I know I will have to change some of the back ground picture's as they do not look great on a phone.

http://www.northeast-adventures.co.uk/

I am also wondering about SEO can someone with some computer knowledge have a good SEO site or will I have to buy programs or get a company to help get to the 1st page of google. I have done some SEO on the site and checked with some site tools were I am falling back etc. My bigest downfall from what I can see is my lack of back links to my site.

But some people say back links are not that important any more is this true ?

Any help would be great as I am depending on my site taking of thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Site looks good, although could do with a little cleaning up. The word Stag Party on the stag party page overlaps a picture, and it doesn't look like it's intentional.

Also, get someone to proof read it! Lots of grammar mistakes on the first page which would put some people off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 osforum4

For Increase visibility of your website in Search Engine, link building is not important if you don't have good On-Page optimization. So first make sure that you optimized your website perfectly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Some notes;

Your homepage has too much text. Break it down into a few main activities linking to a page with more content. Users are more in scan mode on a homepage as opposed to reading mode.

Use your headings wisely. 'Home' in a h1 is useless. Better to have activity and location-based keywords in there.

You have done a load of keyword stuffing on the homepage hiding the text with the same font colour as the backgrounds. Do not do this, it is easily detected and penalised.

Distances should primarily be in miles, not minutes which is an American norm.

Make your email addresses and phone numbers into links.

Sort out your Google Maps.

Check all your content for spelling, punctuation, grammar and consistency of capitalisation. There are far too many errors here. Then get some one else to do it too to get anything you have missed.

Your Groups dropdown is displaying horizontally when it should drop down vertically like Activities.

Redo the logo as there is poor anti-aliasing of the edges = they looked ragged.

Work much more Social into the site: FB, Twitter, Instagram etc. Also get a Google Local/Business listing and connect it up with your site and display the contact info in the required format on all pages in the footer.

Try to work some Special Offers onto the homepage. Users love that stuff.

There are a crazy amount of scripts and style sheets being linked to by your template and addons. These will slow your site right down so try to simplify that stuff. Over half the source code is bloated in this manner and most of it is junk.

Validate your code as there are some basic errors.

Use your images better. Some images are displayed as background images when they would be better displayed as regular images. Also use your alt attributes better. 'NorthEast_logo_header' could be changed to something much better for description and keywords.

Write your content primarily for the users, not the search engines, but do keep keywords in mind but as a lesser priority.

Back links are important but should not be forced ie. don't just link from any old site but one with relevance. Avoid any one promising to get you to number 1. It simply can not be guaranteed. Pay attention to SEO operators who ask questions about your business and industry, and how it operates. Research any SEO operator before parting with money. There is so much bad value and so many charlatans out there.

Good luck and hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭blueyedson

just to add to above...

I'd look at changing heading font type...looks very plain especially headings

When clicking on activities the contact form is not consistent...eg some pages it has a heading and is at bottom, other pages the heading is missing and its beside the activity text box...it doesn't make sense to show contact form on every activity page..maby have a button to select contact form

Advertisement