Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delivery problems with Fastway Couriers Cork

Options
  • 30-06-2017 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

My daughter and I are soooooo frustrated with Fastway, AGAIN ! ˜ This isn't our first complaint without satisfaction, without going into too much detail, basically Fastway have once again " lost" our delivery..it was due to be delivered last Monday and several calls and emails to both Fastway and Supplier we are not getting any satisfaction.
    I have one very very sad grandson who was super excited to be receiving a game he has been waiting ages for.
    MY daughter is just back after calling into their depot in Watergrasshill ( which is only 7 miles from where we live)... their ignorant attitude leaves a lot to be desired.
    Rant over, thanks for taking the time to read this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭west cork lad

I have had a lot of issues with them. I get a good bit delivered and only every have had a problem with them. Most of the time I have to go chasing my delivery only to be told that the driver tried to ring but got no answer. Recently paid for next day delivery on a dress for my daughter as she needed it on Friday. Same story from them. When I rang I got the rudest person I ever dealt with. Basically told me tough sh1t. My rant is now over too.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

By far the most amateur "courier" in the country. Just have a search on boards for examples (eg storing consignments in the drivers house).

They're all owner operated which *can* be fine, but when head office dont bother to control their franchisees it all goes to pot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Can't say I've ever had an issue (just to offer a flipside(. They often the leave my deliveries at the side of the house or in the porch if I' not there. Suits me grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,338 ✭✭✭.red.

I had a delivery from them a few weeks ago, a long 6 ft tube with a fishing rod inside. They rang me to tell me it was around the side of the house. Told him where to go and that he had no permission to leave it there. I asked was he gonna reimburse me the €350 to replace it with a new one if it was gone when I got home. He decided to go and take it back and deliver it my neighbour instead.
    Its not just fastway tho, most couriers will do the same. Give them an inch and they'll take a mile!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Thats a shame, I think that it has a lot to do with the depot manager and the drivers.. One driver we used to have just could not be arsed it was so funny, it was like dont ring me after 3. But have to say the manager in the depot on the South side Little Island was very good, would do everything he could to help you out, same with the girls working in the office..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Phaedrus1

I'm waiting for a package from th UK for a fortnight now and still don't know when Fastway will deliver it.

Fastway (more like verrrrrrry Slowway if ever way ) called to the gate of my job and while security were opening the gate Fastway decided to just drive off without delivering the package ! They havent returned since despite assurances from their admin that delivery would happen.

Totally useless and totally unreliable.

I will NEVER use Fastway again ---- never !

• Registered Users Posts: 18 batsi

Milly33 wrote: »
    Thats a shame, I think that it has a lot to do with the depot manager and the drivers.. One driver we used to have just could not be arsed it was so funny, it was like dont ring me after 3. But have to say the manager in the depot on the South side Little Island was very good, would do everything he could to help you out, same with the girls working in the office..

Since when is Little Island in the South Side? It's north of the River Lee.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,338 ✭✭✭.red.

batsi wrote: »
    Since when is Little Island in the South Side? It's north of the River Lee.
    I love people who bring up zombie threads just to moan and give out.
    Anyway,
    she never said it was, she said the depot for the south side was in little island.

Advertisement