Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best prepay data roming

Options
  • 29-06-2017 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

Hi can someone tell me which network gives the most GB's when roaming in Europe on prepay,thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭vandriver

At what price point?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭CVB

Vodafone Pay as you Go plans include up to 5GB data and can be used in Europe . Vodafone is the only network which gives full home data allowance on your plan for use in Europe at no additional cost with the new EU Roaming regulations .

Hope this helps

CVB

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭chrisire

vandriver wrote: »
    At what price point?
    Hopefully less than 50 euro,need the biggest amount possible for the little one to watch youtube video's ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭vandriver

Something like this,which gives you 12 GB ?
    Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321713904184

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

I found 3UK painfully slow in Spain.

The best bet I found was a local Spanish sim - data only from Digimobil - it was €10 for 5Gbs. If that's not enough, you can buy another one at any time. If not in Spain, have a search to see what is available in the country you're going to.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Meteor 30 for 20 unlimited plan gives 6Gb abroad

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

8gb with three on 45+vat business plan sorry not prepay my bad

Mr.S wrote: »
    Vodafone Prepay X plan gives 20gb abroad in the EU for €20 - you won't find better value.

What do you have to do to 'prove' you're a student for this offer? I'm always learning, life constantly teaches me lessons, so am I a student? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭chrisire

Thanks guys,ended up going for Vodafone X,just bought a sim in the store and changed my date of birth on facebook,can't beat 20gb of data.

• Advertisement

If you sign up to the plan online, you don't need to prove anything - You do need to sign in with Facebook to "verify" and you need to have your age on facebook set at a "college" age - pick 20 in your settings before you verify :D

You do need to be on VG Prepay already, but thats easy to switch to.

Great plan IMO.

I guess I can be a mature student too? Given that I'm a VF customer for the last 20 years, I doubt they'll swallow that I was barely born when I first got a mobile phone. Something to check out alright ...

Vodafone Prepay X plan gives 20gb abroad in the EU for €20 - you won't find better value.

Puzzled by one of the T&Cs for Vodafone X:

Vodafone X elements of inclusive calls, texts and mobile data cannot be used when roaming.

Can anyone confirm that roaming is definitely covered? Maybe it just hasn't been updated since the new roaming laws? Ditto for tethering, which also seems to be contra-indicated in the T&Cs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,764 ✭✭✭DopeTech

RoYoBo wrote: »
    Puzzled by one of the T&Cs for Vodafone X:

Vodafone X elements of inclusive calls, texts and mobile data cannot be used when roaming.

Can anyone confirm that roaming is definitely covered? Maybe it just hasn't been updated since the new roaming laws? Ditto for tethering, which also seems to be contra-indicated in the T&Cs.

Your full allowance can be used. They just haven't updated that page.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

I found 3UK painfully slow in Spain.

The best bet I found was a local Spanish sim - data only from Digimobil - it was €10 for 5Gbs. If that's not enough, you can buy another one at any time. If not in Spain, have a search to see what is available in the country you're going to.

Where did you purchase this? seems the best offer for an unlocked phone in spain.

Gamebred wrote: »
    Where did you purchase this? seems the best offer for an unlocked phone in spain.

From a Digimobil agent in a shop in Spain (Fuengirola). If you go to the Digimobil site, you will find a list of local agents. The one we went to in a photographic shop was exceptionally helpful and even installed and activated the card for us. You must bring your passport to buy any Spanish sim if you are not a local.

This is the site in English.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭la ultima guagua

From a Digimobil agent in a shop in Spain (Fuengirola).........

Do you know if wifi tethering works on their prepago offering ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Just back from Spain 5GB on Three for a 20e top up , great coverage via Movistar my wife is with Tesco here and didnt get better than a 3G signal where we were. I was able to tether also on Three so worked a treat for me.

Do you know if wifi tethering works on their prepago offering ?

Yes, tethering worked fine. I used the sim in a Huawei mifi for most of the time, but also used my phone, too, on occasion.

Edit: I used the Naveg data only sim - 5Gbs for€10. Digi is only 3G, but it was fast enough for us.

Advertisement