Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wetsuit for snorkelling /

Options
  • 29-06-2017 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭

Hi

I am in the market for a wetsuit for use here in Irelands seas . One that will allow me stay in the water longer and allow me to stretch my dipping season out a few weeks a bit in both directions from where it currently is in late august and early september , the only time I can stay in longer than ten minutes .

I am not at the moment interested in swimming in triathlons or surfing . Right now I'd just like the option of being able to go for a casual swim on days when the water isn't at its warmest and to be able to stay in longer , in some comfort to enjoy a bit of shallow water snorkelling .

I was looking at l shorties but I have a feeling they could be too cold for someone who wont be moving around a lot in the water , am I right ?

also have my eye on a rip Curl Omega 4/3 mm for €120 . That is my budget thereabouts .

or is 5mm the only way to go really in our seas ?

any advice much appreciated,

Barry

Advertisement