Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sanctuary (Irish film) Released in Cinemas from 7th July

Options
  • 29-06-2017 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭

Hi All. It's not often I guess that a Boardsie ends up making a film... but full disclosure i directed this one and it opens in Irish Cinemas next Friday 7th July - small release to start with the IFI, Lighthouse, IMC Dun Laoghaire, and Movies at Dundrum showing in the Dublin area... with the eye cinema and IMC Galway showing in the west. The Gate in Cork are showing from 21st July.... more will be added. The film has a cast of actors with Intellectual Disabilities and it helped change the law in ireland this year. it won Best First Film at Galway last year and the Michael Dwyer Award at "ADIFF" for the cast... and "Best Director" at Newport Beach USA. It's a funny film with romance and drama. If you google it will take you to our Facebook page if you want more info. But I'd love to know what genuine punters think of the film... and happy to answer any questions.

421105.jpeg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I didn't get a chance to go to any of the special screenings of this throughout the year, so was delighted to get a chance to head in to the IFI this afternoon. The wait was worth it and it exceeded my expectations.

Absolutely amazing film. Well done on the masterful direction Len! The cast are amazing and Christian O'Reilly's script is just wonderful.

Highly recommend people go see this while they have the opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭LCD

Haven't seen it, but well done on getting your movie into cinemas! Am sure it took a lot of graft

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

I did see the special screening and can confirm it as a cracking tale and super achievement by all involved. It ticks a lot of boxes nicely and cleverly, and has helped raise awareness of the issues involved very poignantly. I'm going to try and see it again in the next few days.

/Tips hat to Len and Edwina

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Going to see this tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Really enjoyed this. Well done all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

saw this today, lovely film :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Hope this bump is ok...

Sanctuary on RTE One Fri 17th Aug at 11.30pm.

Advertisement