Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shannon to Limerick city

Options
  • 29-06-2017 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭

I have been searching for public transport from Shannon Town centre to Limerick city and found that Bus Eireann covers it. Price is 10.80e for a return journey or 42e for 10 journeys. Are those 10 journeys round trip?

I am wondering is there any other cheaper alternative available? Like a monthly pass?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

I have been searching for public transport from Shannon Town centre to Limerick city and found that Bus Eireann covers it. Price is 10.80e for a return journey or 42e for 10 journeys. Are those 10 journeys round trip?

I am wondering is there any other cheaper alternative available? Like a monthly pass?

Back in the day when I was getting the bus, 10 journeys was 10 x 1 way, so essentially a 5 day working week in & out. At that time a 10 journey ticket was only valid for 7 days - so not 10 journeys whenever you felt like it - so check the t&c's attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Ah ok thanks for the heads up.

But i am still amazed on the fares. It's like 42€ a week.
    Any other alternative available?
    chuckles30 wrote: »
    Back in the day when I was getting the bus, 10 journeys was 10 x 1 way, so essentially a 5 day working week in & out. At that time a 10 journey ticket was only valid for 7 days - so not 10 journeys whenever you felt like it - so check the t&c's attached.

Advertisement